To conduct high quality lifestyle-based prevention research and support community wellness efforts aimed at improving health and reducing disease risk.
“Tucson as a National Leader for Health and Wellness”
Wellness is achieved through prevention and health promotion.
- Health literacy is central to achieve necessary gains in behavioral change
- Offer internship and volunteer opportunities in research and community engagement
- Disseminate current evidence to assure optimal impact and sustainability on healthy behavior choices
- Provide opportunities for students to engage with a variety of researchers & community partners for a unique wellness experience
- Explore innovative methods to enhance the availability, accessibility and recognition of prevention and health promotion facilities, programming and expertise within the community
- Promote training of health care professionals, future prevention researchers and public health students to support the mission of the CRCPHP
- Advance research and evidence-based lifestyle interventions in reducing childhood obesity prevalence and supporting healthy adolescent development
- Develop programs that meet individual, family, and community wellness needs
- Research is the source of evidence; education and delivery approaches must be evidence-based
- All people can change lifestyle behaviors to improve their health and well-being
- Support health promotion and wellness in the places where Tucsonans live, learn, work, worship and pray
- Engage in community planning, implementation, and evaluation in wellness programming